Monday, March 12, 2007

UPDATE TWO

Seems the lemon-sized swelling of Kyrie's lymph nodes in the right cheek and right side of her neck is due to an infection, bacterial or viral. She was in PICU much of Saturday and transferred to the pediatric floor for Sunday. The CAT scan of her chest and neck checked for trouble with her drainage and Hickman lines, but both were clean (yea!). The scan did show inflammation of those lymph nodes. She's running a fever, which is a good sign that the body is fighting off infection, and her white blood count is up, another good sign since the chemo can wipe those out. Kyrie's been placed on double-dosage of antibiotics, and hopefully the fever will break, and the swelling will go down.

Her scheduled chemo for Wednesday will depend on whether the infection subsides.

1 comment:

Godsgirl said...

I wanted to let you know I pray for all of you daily.I have also asked my church family at Messiah baptist to pray for you.She looks like a precious little angel sent from God .Never take your eyes off God he will see you through all of this.God bless each of you.If I can help in any way let me know.Debbie Schneider