Sunday, May 13, 2007

Once a mother, always a mother.

Here we are. Mother's Day. Often times when people hear of tough situations, as a means of comfort and sympathy, they say, "I can't imagine what you must be going through." This may be true for some, but for me, I can imagine. I can imagine what it would be like to wake up as someone else and take on their day, their packages of pain or pride.

Today, I can imagine a mother whose child is a happy angel, always together yet not an earthly minute goes by where she feels whole again. I can imagine the mother who would burst with glorious joy to have a hug or to hear a giggle. I can imagine a mother wanting to wake from a nightmare that never seems to end. I don't know about where you all are, but here in the Midwest, it was a beautiful, warm, summery, spring day. I think that was Kyrie's gift to Lacie.

Leah left a wonderfully encouraging comment on the previous post. Good to know even though weeks have passed that you're all still front & center.

One of my favorite mothers of all time is Erma Bombeck. Erma's writings characterized a mother's wit and wisdom in fantastically universal ways. In fact, when our "Go, Kyrie, Go!" cry started, I remembered a quote of hers that really applies to how, I think, we should go forward. What do you think?

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

7 comments:

DeeAnn said...

Lacie: I just wanted you to know that I thought about you all day yesterday. I am truly amazed by your strength. God Bless You

Dee Ann

ksfaith said...

Lacie -
I prayed for you yesterday as I thought what Mother's Day might be like for you. I believe the beautiful weather WAS Kyrie's gift to you and I hope you enjoyed it to the fullest!! May the joy of being a Mama fill your heart - you are forever changed because of that little angel!!

Thinking of you,
Kristi

motherof2 said...

Well, Barnes and Noble tells me the coloring books should be in by the end of the week. They are perfect, here is the link..http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780307032164
Here is how Kyrie fits into my life:
I read through the blog thoroughly today..i was very ill when i first got the link to this site in february and only read bits and pieces. I think that is why Kyrie has been so close to my heart. I was in ICU and got this the very day i got home. I got a very strange illness that the dr's could not explain or diagnose. When i got home i was still quite ill and was very weak..i had 2 prayer requests in my box, one for kyrie and one for a woman named kristi who has 4 small children and was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I made a vow that day that everytime i bowed my head to plead my case for my life so that i could raise my children i vowed to pray for kyrie and kristi. And so i did..i prayed for the 3 of us every hour on the hour. Lord let me raise my children, Lord let kristi raise her children. Lord, please let Lacie raise kyrie. Separation of mother and child is an unbearable thought. I started getting well, while kyrie and kristi were not. I still dont understand that, I dont understand God. And yet I must have faith in His will. I am still struggling with different physical symptoms but thanks to kyrie i am not afraid anymore. She became my hero...going before me. Kristi is still fighting but getting weaker (pray for her and her family). I realized today that i dont think i am going to EVER be the same..this is permanent. The coloring books are just the start of all the good I am going to do because of Kyrie..I have been waking up each day thinking, "what can i do for someone else today? to encourage, to inspire.." In my world..here in Michigan 900 miles away, that is how Kyrie made her way into my heart. I cannot wait to deliver the books and then plan my next endeavor..So far i am still living, and while i do, i am going to live enough for the 3 of us! My verse today in Isaiah 55:9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

motherof2 said...

i just realized that the isbn # was cut off from my post..here it is 978-0-307-03216-4..hope that gets you to the right place to see the book!

Unknown said...

Memorial Day Weekend I am making plans to drive to Greensberg, Kansas to help out in any way I can. I want you to know I will be thinking of Kyrie. The good that will be done in her name can only be known by God himself. Happy Mother's Day Lacie!

Rebecca

Brad and Trish Rink said...

Lacie,
Just like so many other people. I said extra prayers for you all day. I am so sorry for the pain you must have felt, and I would do anything to make it go away. You should be such a proud mama that your little baby doll has made such a huge impact on so many people's lives. Our whole family continues to pray for you and your family each day.
God Bless You,
Trish

Home said...

I just wanted to say thank you to mother of 2 for the beautiful flowers I recieved for mothers day. It meant so much to me to be thought of. Mothers Day was very hard, I went to the cemetary and talked to Kyrie a while by myself and it helped me get through it. Thank you again. Also thanks to everyone for all the good deeds being done in Kyrie's name. Im so happy she could touch so many lives...

Lacie