Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Get to know the artists, #4.

We are honored, pleased, humbled and ecstatic to introduce you to another contributor to Metamorphosis 2008. Please welcome, Ms. Amy Butler! From her home in Granville, Ohio, Amy is an international textile designer with a fan base that certainly includes moi and thousands of others. Her bold, vivacious patterns and keen eye for modern color combinations are summed up nicely with her trademarked "Midwest modern" style, which has been published into several incarnations, like this:



She designs fabrics like these:





to make things like this:



and this:



From her site: I've never given a second thought to being an artist. It's really who I am, and what I enjoy. I'm inspired by my surroundings, my friends, my family, nature, and the rich textures of everyday life. I was never much on following trends. I like to remove myself from the cultural influences and design from a very intimate point of view. I collect vintage fabrics and use them in all of my work. I love the hunt, I love flea markets and shops and traveling abroad to find inspiration.

We love how comfortably hip her style is, and we hope you do, too. And you know our Good Business friend A-1 Singer Sewing? I bet they could help you make a tres chic Amy Butler quilt to snuggle with this winter. ;)

We're also equally thrilled to bring you the fine stylings of award-winning illustrator Grady McFerrin!





Grady has a fantastically funky portfolio of cool concert posters and delightfully artistic wine bottle labels--looks for his art the next time you need a nice bottle of Italian spumante from Bonny Doon Vineyard.

From his site: Born in Long Beach, Calif. Studied illustration at Cal State, Long Beach. Lived in Florence, Italy, San Francisco and now Brooklyn. My drawings can be seen on several wine labels and stationery products. My art has been recognized by AIGA, The Society of Illustrators, Communication Arts, American Illustration and Print Magazine.





His ability to breathe casual sophistication into energetic typography & illustrated images charms both the eye & the brain. Hope you get that when you see his work in person in just a couple weeks.

No comments: