Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for this baby, Kyrie & Kamdyn's new little brother!



Kolbe Kross Thome
Born 07-08-09 at 10:56 a.m.
7 pounds, 6 ounces
19 3/4 inches long

Jordan & Lacie will post about little Kolbe soon, but they have had their hands full this past week with getting Kolbe settled and caring for a 1-year-old who came down with a terrible summer flu-like bug precisely as Kolbe came home. So I'm thankful today for parents who simply will themselves awake when the fog of exhaustion hangs heavy. I'm thankful for healthy arrivals, newborn appetites and little sleeping sounds. I'm thankful for swaddling and lullabies and onesies. I'm thankful for parents, and I'm thankful that children teach us as much as we teach them.

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

ksfaith said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby boy!! Praise God for his marvelous works!!

Jenni Halley said...

I love Mr. Kolbe's entrance on 7-8-09 at 10 something! Too bad he didn't hurry along a little and be born at 10:11! Beautiful baby! Congrats!

Jenni, Chad's cousin