Monday, August 24, 2009

Contagious...

Hello to all our new readers and faithful followers alike. Megan once again asked me to guest blog while she is away for a few days. I was toiling with what to write, how do I put into words what I'm feeling as the Twilight Walk quickly approaches? How do I inspire someone to want to inspire others to go out and do good? Then I read on Facebook that a dear friend of mine and a huge champion of the Kyrie Foundation was organizing a team for the walk and had been simply blown away by the kindness and generosity of her friends and family. So, I asked Amy to write a few words...here they are. Thanks, Amy! ~ Melissa

Have you ever found something so powerful and good that you just BELIEVE in it with all of you heart? Have you ever met someone so brave that you want to follow in their little bitty footsteps in the fight against cancer? Have you ever had a group of family and friends that completely supports you in a drive to succeed for all of the right reasons?

Well, I have and I am so blessed to be able to share this with you.

Kyrie's story has blessed my life in so many ways and I BELIEVE in the foundation. I am willing to FOLLOW Kyrie's footprints that are leading me all the way to fight this horrible cancer that took her away for the ones who loved her the most. AND I have the most amazing group of family and friends that not only believe and follow me on this journey, but that support my passion and are moved themselves by the Kyrie Foundation and its mission. In the last few days, I have sent out a few emails letting people know about the Twilight Walk to as many people as I can think of. The response...OVERWHELMING. Some people know exactly what this is all about. Some people are meeting Kyrie's story for the very first time. But the effect is nothing but AMAZING. Let's call it her "butterfly effect". I was nudged by Kyrie's precious wings a little over two years ago and her nudge has moved me to nudge others with her beautiful angel butterfly wings. For those of you who are reading this blog for the first time...WELCOME! And may I introduce you to a story that will change your life forever. For those of you who have been here...join me in nudging the people we love to DO Good for Kyrie...for the foundation...and for all of those precious little bitty feet that are fighting this battle right here...right now. We want you to join us against this fight. I encourage all of you today to watch Kyrie's tribute video. Watch it...feel the nudge...and get out there and FIGHT WITH US! On September 19th, the Second Annual Twilight Walk will be held in Wichita, and we would love to have you walking with us. This is a perfect opportunity for you to get involved and I PROMISE...you'll be glad you did.

Go Kyrie Go!!!

Amy Nelson

1 comment:

humblepie said...

Wow! Thank you Amy and all of you who have received the call from her. You have no idea what it means to not be alone through all of this, both past, present and future.

We are blessed by you!