Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for good decisions.

You know the kind of good decisions that save you from long-term peril, like deciding to wear your seat belt or to start a savings account. I like those. I like the kind of good decisions that no one ever knows you made, like when you hold your tongue or when you forgive an offense. I also like good decisions that redeem bad ones, like when you choose a wiser path in the same situation you chose a not-so-wise path before. That's my Fertilizer Theory at work, when a not-so-great choice makes you an infinitely more compassionate, active or better person in the long run. In my opinion, it wasn't so bad after all. ;)

I'm thankful for when we decide to do good. There's always this little tenuous moment: Are you or aren't you? Are you in or are you out? Will you be there or not? Excuse or in full throttle? Speak up or stay quiet? Make the phone call or  do something else? Give now? Give later? Will there be a later?

I root for the good guys in the movies. Chances are you do, too. So it's no surprise that I root for good decisions, too. Not to say they always happen. And that's okay because you get a ton more chances to make good ones happen, sometimes even in the very same minute!

So I'm thankful for everyone's decisions to attend the Goddard family fundraiser last Saturday. I'm thankful for everyone who supported Andover Central's Hit for the Cure. I'm thankful for all of our Facebook fans, for everyone who has made GoodSearch their home page, for everyone who has signed up to sponsor the Kyrie Klassic Golf Tournament. All decisions that add up to the total good.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: