Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I've been grateful for this before, but today I'm immensely grateful for time. Whether it's fast or slow, the time to experience this crazy thing called life is alway remarkable.

It's this time of year that I am most aware of time, especially time that has past. In some ways I'm proud of this time, what loss built in the last five years for families everywhere. Moreover, I'm awash again in questions and grace-filled sorrow. I still look at Jordan and Lacie's photos of Kyrie and weep. Then I start wondering "what if" ... and that never helps.

I look around at the friends that continue to stand by the cause and am grateful anew for their unconditional giving. Such a beautiful thing.

I think of this time five years ago, and I still feel the shreds of confused anger.

I look at Kyrie's brothers, and they make me giggle so much.

I meet new people who want to help raise awareness for the foundation, and I'm a puddle of gratitude.

Most of all, this time as taught me to remind myself to "work it for good." That's one of the big gifts from the last five years. Whatever this situation, the misunderstanding, the question, I know that His time works it all for good.

Easter is nearly upon us. And while I will sit amidst another year of little girls in frill dresses, I will know that Easter makes it possible for all of us to be together again. This is not the end.

After all, it's not about how much time you have; it's about how you use it, right?

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Amen! Well said... all of those we have lost will be ready and waiting for us when it's our time to leave this world.