Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thankful Thursday

And now a Thankful Thursday post from our guest post-er, Chad:

Today, I'm thankful for the the rejuvenating power of rain. It can do wonders for a freshly planted garden or lawn. It also reminds us that there are still things that are out of our control, and we must sometimes adapt to our surroundings rather than adapt our surroundings to us.

I'm also thankful for the unconditional love of my spouse. So often these individuals can be taken for granted on a daily basis, but they are also there to rejuvenate you when needed.

p.s. I did not put him up to that last part. ;)

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

motherof2 said...

Today, I am thankful for laughter and humor. Laughter breaks the ice, lightens the air, and is medicine for the soul. No matter what you are going through..there is something about a good had laugh that puts things in perspective and soothes the weary soul.

Melissa said...

I'm thankful for quiet evenings with my husband, the fact that my children are still young and naive, the look of joy on a little boy's face after he's caught his first fish, sharing a moment with my daughter and hearing that her biggest concern in life is which friend she'll have over to spend the night first this summer...I'm thankful for simplicity, whenever and where ever life offers a little simplicity, I'm grateful for it...

I'm also especially thankful for God's promise to never leave us...and I'm thankful that He reminds us each day just how BIG He really is in a rainbow after a storm, in a squiggly worm that somehow transforms into a graceful butterfly, in a newborn baby...

And as always, I'm thankful for the Kyrie Foundation and all of the great people that care enough to turn grief into determination. It's pretty amazing to witness...

Big Love,
Melissa