Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for pluck, that summoning of courage, that rising of the spirit, that chutzpah in a good way. I'm thankful for the imperfect perfection of True Grit (1969 with John Wayne), when the least of us acts with pluck. I'm thankful for Patton's somewhat vulgar yet dauntless opening speech. (Remember courage isn't pretty.) I'm grateful for those of you who watch Kyrie's video even though it's difficult. I'm thankful for those of you who keep reading through the tough posts.

I'm thankful for might & heart & fortitude & moxie. That's how good gets done.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm thankful for friends who make time in their busy schedules, I'm thankful for email and cell phones...things that keep us connected, I'm thankful for people who put their dedication before convenience, I'm thankful for new beginnings, I'm thankful for my mom and for the chance to experience motherhood (the good, the bad and the wonderful...).

And, I'm thankful for Megan. I'm thankful for your words and your own courage to share your heart with all those who care enough to read it. You're just amazing.

Big Love,
Melissa