Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for sunshine—-and rain. The symbiotic relationship between these two weathers fascinates me. Isn't it phenomenal how something so beyond our control tenderly holds our breath in its rhythms? Too much of one and not enough of the other creates instant calamity and even threatens humanity's existence. It's the middleness, the average of the two that allows life to thrive. The push and pull, the lows and highs, the ebb and flow.

I'm thankful for the sunny days that inspire picnics and softball. I'm thankful for the rainy days that bring about naps and board games. I'm thankful that we need both, figuratively and literally. The rain stops our routines to nourish; the sun illuminates our growth. And all I have to do is appreciate them.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

motherof2 said...

Megan- that was beautifully said..it touched my heart and opened my eyes..you have such a gift. So today, I am thankful that everyone, EVERYONE, has a gift..that can touch hearts and change lives and you have tapped into yours fully and how much do we have thank Kyrie for that? I didn't know you before Kyrie but something tells me that she has had something to do with this amazing outlook and insight you have.