Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for chili and those who love to make chili and those who love to eat chili. See yesterday's post for a great lunchtime event tomorrow!

I'm thankful that at this time of year we look forward to preparing a delicious meal to share with our family & friends--an entire holiday devoted to just being thankful. Thank you, Abraham Lincoln. What a Thursday we get to have each year! I'm thankful for warm kitchens, family recipes and the aroma of home-cooking. I'm thankful for the idealized images that Norman Rockwell created about holidays such as this. Slightly unrealistic in these modern times, but a wonderful goal to hold in our hearts nonetheless.

But most of all I'm thankful that all this gratitude begets sharing. How appropriate that being grateful for all that we've received launches the season of giving.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: