Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"... how much you are loved by others."

Sometimes I wonder about the timing of Kyrie leaving us.

Spring.

Each year as this anniversary draws near—an anniversary of loss and muddy-colored grief—all around us are colorful signs of new life. Emerging buds from trees that look long gone. Bright green shoots from vacant ground. Sunny blooms that pop outta no where over night. And an annual trip from the Easter Bunny that is so abundant in cheer and goodness you can't help but want to help. Read on ...

Hoppy Spring!

The Easter Bunny had an OZ-some evening watching "The Wizard Of OZ" sing-a-long movie with some good friends at The Orpheum last nite. No matter how many times I see that movie, and trust me, I've seen it A LOT…there is always "something" that speaks to me. Last nite, towards the end of the movie, the following dialog between the Wizard of OZ and the Tin Man jumped out at me:

"As for you, my galvanized friend, you want a heart! You don't know how lucky you are not to have one.
Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.
Back where I come from, there are men who do nothing all day but good deeds.
They are called phil... er... phil... er... [trying to say "philanthropists"] yes... er... good-deed-doers.
And their hearts are no bigger than yours –
But! They have one thing you haven't got.
A testimonial.
Therefore, in consideration of your kindness,
I take pleasure at this time in presenting you with a small token of our esteem and affection.
And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love,
but by how much you are loved by others."

I am soooooo blessed to know sooooooo many "good-deed-doers!"

How I wish I could present each of you with a testimonial…a small token of my esteem and affection.
I realize there is always someone asking for donations, help, money, volunteers, & support. That is because there a lot of worthy causes that need people to back them. But I will once again call on MY good-deed-doers….to back the worthy cause that is special to ME.

The “Easter Bunny” & “Eggbert” are cheerfully accepting donations for their Annual Easter Trip to Wesley Hospital Pediatric Floor in memory of Kyrie Dawn Thome.

Good Friday, April 22, 2011 will be our 5th Easter Visit to deliver goodies to the children stuck in the hospital over the Easter Holiday. Not only do the young patients receive gifts, but their visiting siblings and young guests are not forgotten either. PLUS…each child’s parents will receive the following to help ease their burden:

McDonald’s or Spangles Gift Card & QuikTrip Gas Card

IF you are interested in making a donation, checks can be made out to: Susan Jae Eckel.

Please mail to the following address  BY 04/15/2011.

Susan Jae Eckel
3738 S. Dugan
Wichita, KS 67215

Donated funds will be used to purchase:

Toys – Stuffed Animals – Crayons – Color Books – Stickers – Blankets – Teen Items – Books – Games —Gift Cards for the Adults

Thank YOU…so very much for your consideration! Wishing you an EGG-stra Special Easter!!

"And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others."

Susan Jae Eckel & Rita Frakes

No comments: