Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for talents. I'm thankful for a few of my own, but I'm more thankful to be the recipient of others' talents. Whether it's the person who's willing to make phone calls or the designer that offers her incredible eye for color or the one who steps up and starts speaking eloquently or the one who just offers an idea out of the blue--and then does it!

I'm thankful for seeing and hearing and experiencing those talents, like when you hear an aria or see a phenomenal painting or taste an exquisite meal. How lucky we are to all have been blessed with so many different gifts that, when pooled together, rock the world.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Coach's Wife said...

Well, better late than never...right? I am thankful for Megan and her beautiful writing. I am thankful for kind words and moments with friends when knowing the only thing you have to offer is prayer. Those are the moments when we remember that HE is God and we are part of HIS plan. When the hurt takes over and there are no words, we fall to our knees and pray that someday, we'll understand the "why" of it all. Until then, we pray and carry the burden for those friends who are to heavy to stand. I am thankful for talented doctors and sympathetic nurses. I am thankful for the AWESOME KROP that happened last weekend and for the friendships that I have with those in the KF. Seeing your faces last weekend made me smile and I felt right at "home" with everyone. Very funny seeing how a year ago, I didn't know a single one of my new friends...love it. Can't wait for the spring Krop, can't wait to see everyone again, and can't wait to find a cure to this awful disease. Go Kyrie Go!!!