Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day 2

Continued ...

Set a small, achievable goal. Remember, inertia is a powerful force. If you haven’t been exercising for a couple years, it’s hard to get started. You’re used to the way things are, and even if you want to change, it’s difficult. So don’t start out trying to conquer the world. Just conquer something exceedingly small. It might sound wimpy to say, “I’m going to walk for 10 minutes” or “I’m going to do 10 pushups and 1 chinup”, but those are much more likely to beat inertia than, “I’m going to exercise for 45 minutes today.” Be realistic, and make it very very achievable. It’s the only way to beat inertia.


So maybe today you set a small goal for yourself. I'm not going to assume the worst about someone. I'm going to come up with an idea. I'm going to come up with some other word for my favorite foul word. I'm going to let a car in front of mine. I'm going to stop making excuses. I'm going to reprioritize my schedule. I'm going to tell someone about the Kyrie Foundation. ;) Whatever small step you can manage to consider, set it in your brain today.

No comments: